Click below for this week’s story, or navigate the city through the search bar or the direction buttons at the top of the page:
The Confederate monument is gone. Former City Council President Anna Lopez Brosche bravely began this process three years ago. She offers an official statement. Before the park was renamed for Charles Hemming, who donated the statue in 1898, it was called St. James Park. St. James is the patron saint of pilgrims. Let’s make our pilgrimages to the center.