When the Toomer House Rode the River

Click below for this week’s story, or navigate the city through the search bar or the direction buttons at the top of the page:

When Mark and Gayle Reinsch loaded the Wylie G. Toomer House in halves on barges and moved it across the river to its new home in 1993, they dug into the ground downtown where the house had stood and smelled the Great Fire of 1901. Now the house is for sale. Here’s its history.

Leave a Reply